[Pmwiki-users] Category implementation

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Oct 27 23:13:21 CDT 2004

On Thursday, 28 October 2004 3:53 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On the pmwiki 2 site I've gone ahead and added the [[!XYZ]] markup to
>indicate that a page belongs to category XYZ.  I'm planning that this
>will end up as part of the distribution (2.0.devel20) but would appreciate
>any suggestions as to the default rendering of category links (if different
>from normal links) and any other category-related features that should either
>be enabled by default or available as part of the distribution.

I had rather thought that the link text would be '!XYZ', so
SDV($LinkCategoryFmt,"<a class='categorylink' href='\$LinkUrl'>!\$LinkText</a>");
                                                           note^

I might also make the text smaller, but this should, I think, be
an administrator decision rather than the default behaviour.

Finally, I might make @media print display none, but again an
admin decision.

I *do* think the default behaviour should distinguish category
links and the ! seems a gentle, non-intrusive way to do so.

--
JR