[Pmwiki-users] scrollbox style for preformatted text

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Sep 8 07:21:27 CDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 10:34:17AM +0200, Hugo Fjelsted Alr?e wrote:
> I would like to use a css style that gives a scrollbox for preformatted text.
> [...]
> So I thought I could simply use pre{overflow:auto;} in pub/css/local.css
> - or a more elaborate version like:
> pre{border-style:solid; border-width:1px; padding-left:2px; width:80%; overflow:auto; }
>
> But it seems like I cannot get this to work. It works fine when I use it
> as an in-file css style in a simple html file. And I can see that the
> wiki-pages refer to the correct css file.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I dunno.  I just tried this in a local.css at

   http://www.pmwiki.org/work/pmwiki-0.6.20/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiSandbox

and it appears to work just fine (Firefox 0.9).

I looked at the installation at ecowiki.org and it didn't seem to have
the pre statement in the local.css file--I'm guessing you took it out
since it wasn't working.