[Pmwiki-users] Cache system with PmWiki

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Fri Sep 10 18:57:34 CDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 06:55:02AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Actually, one of the things that currently takes a fair bit of time
> is the fact that PmWiki reads a page's entire history into memory
> even if it's not going to be used.  The page history needs to be read
> for post, diff, and restore operations, but not much else.  So I'm
> planning to modify the page storage so the history is written
> last, and so there's an option to read a page without reading its
> history.  One PmWiki user reported that this provided a significant
> (factor of 10x) speed up in displaying pages.

I am a little tired as it is 03:00 right now, but I just thought why we
don't store the history in different files - same filename plus
extension or similar.

If we do this for every revision man Wikis will hit the magic max number
of files in a directory probably.

Just having an original file + one file containing the revisions
wouldn't clutter the dir...

     Ba-yawn-lu