[Pmwiki-users] Re: Partial pagenames in URLs

Nathan Jones pmwiki
Mon Sep 13 05:25:11 CDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 09:42:14AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
>On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> 4. Display a page indicating that the page (group?) they specified
>>    does not exist, and provide links to either create the new page
>>    or search the site
>
>I prefer this alternative. In addition, it would be very nice if this page
>also lists the pages in the group (up to a certain number)?

I also prefer this. Just like if I install Apache out of the box and go
to http://example/directory/ when there is no directory/index.html.

>What should happen when following this URI:
>	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/NotGroup
>where there is no group called 'NotGroup'?

Perhaps display a page as above, saying:

The group you specified (Foo) does not exist. Options:
- Go to Main.Foo [if it exists]
- Create Foo.HomePage
- Search this wiki

--