[Pmwiki-users] Publishing a part of your wiki -- Experience using PmWiki

chr@home.se chr
Thu Sep 16 02:47:09 CDT 2004

On 16 Sep 2004, John Rankin wrote:

> There is a description, script and example of page drafts at
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageDrafts
>
> However, I think it's different from what Christian is suggesting. It
> seems to me that draft / final and public / private are perhaps
> orthogonal ideas. The same wiki may contain a public draft of one page
> and a private final of another page. And a page may have both a draft
> and finished (saved) version; whereas if I understand Christian
> correctly, a page is either public or private.
>
> I will create a PITS entry, but would like to hear Christian's
> comments first, as I'm not sure whether it's one PITS or two.

IMO the concepts are independent.  In my mind I'd actually almost like to
have a compeletely separate wiki (field?) for the public part, but allow
the public wiki to "import" some pages from the private wiki. I'll have to
read the rest of the comments and reply to them a bit later however.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr