[Pmwiki-users] Re: Partial pagenames in URLs

chr@home.se chr
Thu Sep 16 05:58:02 CDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > 4. Display a page indicating that the page (group?) they specified
> >    does not exist, and provide links to either create the new page
> >    or search the site
>
> You can see this in action on the PmWiki 2 development site.  For example,
> here's a URL that shows what happens when requesting a group that doesn't
> have a default home page:
>
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Profiles

Very nice. Suggestion: I think the text could be more descriptive, i.e.
saying that the page 'Profiles' wasn't found because there is no default
page of that group. Then just to the right of the three alternatives for
creating a new page, there could be an explanation:

* Create Profiles.Profiles? as the default group page.
* Create Profiles.HomePage? as the default group page.
* Create Main.Profiles? as a new page in the group Main.

> and here's a URL that shows what happens when requesting a group with no
> pages:
>
>     http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Example

Same suggestion here, i.e. add a bit more explaining text.

> The "PageNotFound" page is itself a wiki page, thus a site administrator
> can customize the results to appear however he/she wishes or include
> other options.

oh, nice.. then maybe my comments above should be modified so that there
are two kinds of 'PageNotFound'-pages, one for each of the cases above?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr