[Pmwiki-users] Pmwiki search enhancement

Pierre ROUZEAU pierre
Fri Sep 17 15:34:58 CDT 2004

Hello,
Another useful function of Google,  maybe more easy to implement (?)  is
to set in yellow the searched word(s)  when you open a page from the
search page.

Regards

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 01:47:57PM -0700, Radu Cornea wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Is it possible to enhance the pmwiki search to show some text snippets
>>along with each search results (a few words would be enough), like for
>>example Google does?
>>I find it more difficult to find something once the number of pages in
>>wiki is large, because the search page only lists the page name. So having
>>the surrounding text (maybe with the search words highlighted) would help
>>a lot. I have no idea if this is easy to implement though...
>>

>It's not terribly easy to implement.  One of the challenges is knowing
>what to snippet -- especially when there are multiple search terms involved
>or when a search term appears multiple places in a document.
>
>If someone can tell me how the system should choose what to snippet, I
>can see about adding it to the search function...
>
>Pm

Pierre Rouzeau - Proud indigenous of old Europe
CNC Router - Fraiseuse CN  www.otocoup.com <http://www.otocoup.com>
Hovercraft model - A?roglisseur mod?le www.aeroglisseur.com