[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki 1.0.10 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Sep 22 08:51:24 CDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 08:33:28AM +0100, Ciaran wrote:
> Should some meta-tags be in the resultant html? Perhaps my
> upgrade-path was incorrect? If I modify the .tmpl for the wiki I'm
> using, the changes *do* show up, which suggests that caching is not
> working for me?

Is there a URL that I could try for myself?

The resultant HTML won't have any differences, as the caching is managed
by the HTTP headers.

An easy way to see if caching is functioning is to (1) add the following
to config.php

    $DoubleBrackets['{$Time}'] = strftime('%H:%M:%S',$Now);

and then (2) edit a page such as the WikiSandbox and put "{$Time}" in
the page somewhere.  Hit reload on the page a few times and see if the
time changes.  If the time isn't changing, then the browser is using its
cached version of the page.  If the time is changing, then the browser is
getting a new copy from the server on each reload.

You can test this on the pmwiki.org server as well.

If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll definitely investigate further.