[Pmwiki-users] multiple pmwiki-data-dirs

Knut Alboldt mailing
Fri Sep 24 06:36:26 CDT 2004

Target:

I'm thinking of different fields in a wiki-farm and one "virtual"
wiki-field containing all the fields for a global search-implementation and
for using one common wiki with global-pages at the end of the path (just
before the installed pages) (ok they will be only R/O within other fields).

Problem:

Is it possible to define more that 2 wiki-data-dirs ?

I found out that pmwiki.php is searching a page in the path
"$WikiDir:$FarmD/wikilib.d" using the statement

    $WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDir,"$FarmD/wikilib.d");

inpmwiki.php.

What I need is something like
"Field1/wiki.d:Field2/wiki.d:Field3/wiki;$FarmD/wikilib.d" (from the *nix
point of view, on the mainframe we're talking of "concatenated libraries")

I could use

    $WikiLibDirs[] = "another/wiki.d";

to add additional dirs at the end of the array or appending a whole
array("another/wiki.d", ...) to that variable, but then the installed pages
($FarmD/wikilib.d") are in front of the others and any custimizations won't
be displayed.

So another possibilitty would be setting

$WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDir,"somewhere/wiki.d","$FarmD/wikilib.d");

in config.php, completely overwriting the pmwiki-setting, but I think that
wouldn't be a good idea if the statement will be changed in future within
pmwiki.php.

Isn't there a better solution ? e.g. using

    $WikiDirs[] = &$WikiDir;
    $WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDirs,"$FarmD/wikilib.d");

in pmwiki.php so you can add

    $WikiDirs[] = "somemore/wiki.d";

in the config.php and could still overwrite $WikiDir.

another question:

Could I possibly also use URL's as wiki-data-references within
$WikiLibDirs, if I open up the wiki.d-directory for reading by a web-client
("allow all" within .htaccess)  ? This way it would be possible to define
"virtual" wiki's for a global search within wiki's reachable only via http.

Knut