[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.devel9 released

Pierre ROUZEAU pierre
Thu Sep 30 16:34:25 CDT 2004

Hello,

About the documentation of PmWiki version 2 ,
As now you have a conversion tool, I propose to :

1/ Make an image of the PmWiki version 1 converted.

2/ On this image, to defines the parts of documentation which shall be
reworked, you may set in one style %V2todo% all paragraphs which needs
to be reworked in PmWiki version 2

3/ When paragraph are modified/updated, they shall be set in another
style %V2done%.

4/ Paragraphs which shall be removed may be set in a third style %V2cancel%.

5/ You may use the template table I have done in
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/StateOfTranslationTemplate to make a
new page, by ex. 'V2DocRework' indicating in first column of the table
what documentation pages shall be reworked. Links are already done, so
we can go directly to the page to be reworked. You may set  a symbol
like '*'  to indicate what pages have been checked Ok,  'T'  for total
rework needed, 'M'  to be Modified,  and 'D',  when the rework is  Done,
'O'  for obsoleted page, and 'N' for New pages.

That will be helpful for people involved in documentation updating and
also those who will translate the documentation.

It may also be helpful for *existing* users and administrators.

With the styles, for new installations the V2 styles may be neutralised,
and for existing PmWiki which are upgrading, visible styles shall be
defined to help users and administrators.

Proposal for styles :
%V2todo%  Black on yellow
%V2done%  Green (with a frame around the paragraph ?)
%V2cancel% Red on white, smaller size (again, with a frame ?)

May i also suggest to create a page 'ConfigurationFile', to set the new
sample configuration file.

Regards

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>This devel release adds support for advanced tables and an initial script
>for converting pages in 1.x markup to the 2.0 markup.  It also adds more
>documentation, but there's still a lot of work to be done there.  Anyone
>who wants to help with documentation could do so by starting to fill in
>links at http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/PmWiki/DocumentationIndex.
>
>Pm

Pierre Rouzeau - Proud indigenous of old Europe
CNC Router - Fraiseuse CN  www.otocoup.com <http://www.otocoup.com>
Hovercraft model - A?roglisseur mod?le www.aeroglisseur.com
<http://www.aeroglisseur.com>Mon petit bateau - la "souris" -
www.rouzeau.net/Souris.htm <http://www.rouzeau.net/Souris.htm>