[pmwiki-users] line spacing patch

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Apr 2 08:32:58 CST 2005

Just a couple of notes, for clarification:

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 10:07:20AM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> It may even be that the %block markup has the class applied to the <p>
> tag. In that case it's simply
>
> p.somestyle ul li { ... }
>
> (just take a look at the HTML generated by PmWiki).

Yes, %block% gets applied to any common block, including paragraphs
and lists.  However, I do think it's important to point out that
the CSS selector given here isn't possible on a legal HTML document,
because paragraphs ("p.somestyle") aren't allowed to contain other blocks.
As a result, PmWiki never generates a list inside of a paragraph
(or if it does, point me to an example so I can fix it :-).

> PM wrote:
> >>I don't have a problem with adding line-height to the list of allowed
> >>CSS properties in the distribution, if nobody objects.
>
> Hmm... it might be better to make it a Cookbook recipe, to keep the
> markup simple.

Well, since it would just add another wikistyle specifier, I don't know
that it complicates the markup.  The syntax remains basically the
same.  At any rate, since Russ was able to solve his problem without
me making the change, I'll go with PmWikiPhilosophy #3 for now and leave
it out.  :-)