[pmwiki-users] Gallery (was: Costom markup for gallery page)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 3 10:03:18 CDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 12:38:34AM +0200, Ugo Mariani wrote:
> I usually organize each gallery in its own folder, and all images have the
> same names (img001.jpg, img002.jpg, etc). Up to 200 images per folder, so
> bulk uploading would be nice, although I use ftp. The folders would have to
> be configurable via config.php, as they usually aren't in the pmwiki tree.

This can be done.

> > Each thumbnail is annotated with basic information about the image
> > (configurable), but also becomes a link to a wiki page with the same
> > name as the image file minus its extension.  Thus, an image of
> > pmwiki-32.gif would create a page link to [[pmwiki-32]], which
> > could hold more descriptive information about the page.
>
> Would this generate 200 pages for my 200 images per folder?

It would generate 200 "virtual" pages -- i.e., you'd be able to browse
to  Img001, Img002, Img003, etc., pages, but the physical page files
would likely not be created until you edited the page and added some
annotations of some sort to the images.

> In SinglePageGallery, all thumbnails point to a single page. More descriptive
> information or an image's caption could be passed along as parameters.

The hard part is knowing where to store the descriptive information.