[pmwiki-users] Feature request: Action lists in skins

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Tue Apr 5 10:05:10 CDT 2005

>>> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> 04/05/05 10:51 AM >>>
Hmmm, this is a pretty good idea.  I can also see how to use this so
that we have only authorized actions appear in the header.  So I'll
think
about this, even though it means adding more pages (and indirection)
to the distribution.  However, I'm not sure I like "PageTopMenu"
and "PageFootMenu" -- seems like we might want to call them something
else.

Well, presumably those terms were based upon the two menus in the
default skin.  I would think that a "functional" naming convention based
on the design goals of the two menus would be good.  So, what were you
aiming for with the top and footer menus in the default skin, Mr. M?
Perhaps they should just be "PageMenuBrief" and "PageMenuExtended", as
the top right menu is just a subset of the bottom?

David