[pmwiki-users] searchbox design

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 7 12:02:35 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:00:11PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to move the code for a sidebar searchbox out of the skin
> template, to replace it with a variable which gets defined in the
> skin.php. The problem I encounter is that the strings "Search Site"
> and "Go" are now displayed as "$[Search Site]" and "$[Go]", i.e. the
> translation mechanism fails. How can I get this going?

If a substitution variable contains other variables to be substituted
(e.g., $ScriptUrl or $[phrase]), then the variable name has to end
with "Fmt" in order for it to be processed before the other
variables are processed.  So, try $SidebarSearchbox instead.

Still better, let's fix up the (:searchbox:) markup itself and
then we can just do <!--markup:(:searchbox:)--> in the skin templates.  :-)