[pmwiki-users] (:pagelist group=...:) seems broken

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 11 10:20:16 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 04:47:27PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> something recently broke the group= option in (:pagelist:), or at least
> it seems to me.
>
> If I recall correctly, I had it working with beta26, and it stopped
> working at beta28. I'm not 100% confident in that information though,
> and willing to research the problem on my own to further narrow down the
> origin of the problem.
>
> The problem can be test driven on
> http://shaman-ca.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Interaktives/Sitemap .

No, it's just that at present there's not an "exclude group" syntax
for pagelist.  Thus the line

    (:pagelist group= -PmWiki -PmWikiDe -Test -Main list=normal:)

Says to exclude every page that contains "PmWiki", "PmWikiDe", "Test", and "Main".
That "group=" is probably causing a problem too.

At present the only way to do group exclusion is to create a special "list"
option for it.  You can do tell "list=normal" to exclude these groups via:

    $SearchPatterns['normal'][] = '!^(PmWiki|PmWikiDe|Test|Main)\\.!';

and then the pagelist function would be simply

    (:pagelist list=normal:)

If we want to have a way to exclude groups in (:pagelist:), the syntax
will undoubtedly be

    (:pagelist group=-PmWiki,-PmWikiDe,-Test,-Main)

but that's not implemented yet.