[pmwiki-users] Cell and Table background image -

John W Morris johnwmorris at peak.org
Mon Apr 11 19:15:10 CDT 2005

Finally!  A background image that works! (cells and tables) Thank you again Pm!

Just to share the specifics... the following format will work in either simple or advanced format tables as well as individual cells.
style='background-image:url(/pmwiki/pub/images/background01.gif)
Place it in the table header information or in a cell.  It also tiles itself.

I recieved a few suggestions but I couldn't make them work.  Primarily because I was using the http long format for the URL I think. pmwiki did not like the format.    It worked for dropping in an image on a page so I figured what the heck.

Below is a working sample...not pretty... just works.

Cells and tables are now covered.... if only it worked for a whole page... for now I make one big cell and put a bit of text in it.... until better things arrive.

Thanks,
John Morris

(:table border=4 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=2 bgcolor=white bordercolor=green style='background-image:url(/pmwiki/pub/images/background01.gif)':)
(:cell width=25%:)Title
(:cell width=75%:)Description
(:cellnr:)[[A Cat in the Sun]]
(:cell:)Desmond is the master of the Nap!
(:cellnr:)[[Flutterbye]]
(:cell:)Just some words about story that go on to the end of the line or slightly beyond. maybe just a little.
(:cellnr:)[[Flutterbye]]
(:cell:)same thing again
(:cellnr:)[[Flutterbye]]
(:cell:)same thing again