[pmwiki-users] Forbidden access warning

John W Morris johnwmorris at peak.org
Tue Apr 12 17:17:34 CDT 2005

Here I thought I had something understood.  wrong again....

I have the following issue ...  In my Farms local/config.php file I have
this.... it didn't look right that URL for Scripts was pmwiki.php....
$ScriptUrl = 'http://www.evnsong.com/storywiki/pmwiki.php';

Now... when I finally noticed it I changed it.

##   $ScriptUrl = 'http://www.evnsong.com/storywiki/pmwiki.php';
$ScriptUrl = 'http://www.evnsong.com/storywiki/scripts';

That scripturl setting seemed wrong so I reset it as you see.

Then all hell broke loose.   All of a sudden I got a plain white page with a
"Forbidden to access" message on any pages but the home page and the
sandbox.....

I reset the script definition back to "pmwiki.php" and lo and behold
everything was back.

My theory... limited knowledge to be sure... there is a script in the
Scripts directory that now is being found that wasn't before and it doesn't
"like me" now.   At the same time I checked the "Field" and it was still
working fine.

The only difference I see in accessing those files are that all the home and
sandbox pages are in one directory and all the others are in wiki.d.

What did I do? (and what am I missing)

John Morris

"Any technology distinguishable from magic is not sufficiently
advanced." --Thomas Alva Edison

F'jarr Foss  - Mechanic of Magic, 4th level