[pmwiki-users] questions about user authentication

Crisses crisses at ofobscurity.com
Tue Apr 12 20:05:57 CDT 2005

> Q5: How soon would you likely start to use or implement user
> authorization on your site(s) once these features are available?

I will probably upgrade my odd layered site to a new auth method to
test it out.  As far as I know, my nested-privilege wiki model is not
supported in PmWiki 2.x.  However I would like to upgrade.

The idea was that there were 4 layers ---say 1 is the highest privilege
-- then anyone authenticated to edit layer 1 should be able to also
edit layers 2-4... 4 could be a publicly accessible layer or have a
password, but no one can get to 2 unless they have the privilege.

Anyway, it's a site I am willing to have individual logins for.  Being
able to assign users to user-groups, with user-groups having set
privileges works, as does authenticating individual users -- as long as
the access-levels can be set at the wiki-group level

--  As such, whether it's a sql database or htaccess matters less to me
as I would have to set up the entire password system anyway.  No to
LDAP for me though -- don't see myself bothering with that anytime
soon.

Crisses