[pmwiki-users] Change summary field / edit page results

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Fri Apr 15 19:03:47 CDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 04:18:25PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 10:43:06PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> >
> > (Heck, PmWiki doesn't even have a "Change summary" field.)
>
> Actually, I'm planning to change that before the 2.0 release.
> In fact, here's my current thinking on the edit page:
>
> Definite:
>    - A change summary field
>    - Eliminate the "Reset" button

Good deal. I've never gotten used to how "Reset" interacts with
"Preview"

> Active consideration:
>    - Save minor edit
>    - Save and continue editing
>        My only problem with the additional save buttons is getting the
>        labels correct so that they aren't so visually misbalanced.  With
>
>              Save  Save minor edit  Save and continue editing
>        the most important button ends up being the smallest, which offends
>        my design sense somehow.

How about something like this?

	[Preview]  [Save]  [Finish editing]  [ ] minor edit

or maybe

	[Preview]  [Save]  [Save & Finish]   [ ] minor edit

Change the connotation of "Save" to not imply that editing is done.
I also think that "minor edit" should remain a checkbox (obviously.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com