[pmwiki-users] Still troubles with UTF-8 characters in WikiLinks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 20 06:50:01 CDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 08:52:20AM +0200, Laurent Meister wrote:
> I found a lot of Information about using UTF-8 on pmwiki.org. But don't
> find any solution. Wikilinks with UTF-8 chars don't work, but it works
> on pmwiki.org in the UTF-8 group. I read all the PITS and UTF8 pages
> concerning this problem. But it doesn't help, so far.
>
> Is there some special code activated for UTF8/UTF8 (except
> xlpage-utf-8.php)?

Normally just including xlpage-utf-8.php should be sufficient.
On pmwiki.org, the UTF8 group simply does

     include_once('scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php');

and things work from there.

Can you provide some more details about your environment (apologies
if you've done this already)?

   - PmWiki version
   - PHP version
   - OS version
   - url showing page that doesn't work with a UTF-8 link
     (ideally with $EnableDiag=1; set)

And when you say "Wikilinks with UTF-8 chars don't work", what
do you mean by "don't work"?