[pmwiki-users] FGS and ReadAuthPage - need some help

John Feezell JohnFeezell at 3wplace.com
Thu Apr 21 16:39:18 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 03:57:42PM -0500, John Feezell wrote:
>

>>Thanks.  That was the key piece of information that I needed to
>>understand what was different.  FGS uses keys of the form
>>S::this-P-that:100293984.   This lead to two issues:  First the cap S
>>sorted out at the top of the keys and second the : stopped the retrieval
>>when PAGEREAD_CURRENT was used.
>>
>>These will not be difficult to change but in looking at the sort of the
>>page I noticed that there appears to be a sort within a sort where the
>>keys without a : are sorted at the top and those with : are sorted after
>>that.
>>
>>Is there a function in PmWiki that I might be able to apply to the FGS
>>keys to get them to sort in the second later sort?
>>

>You probably don't want them to be in the second set, as they
>won't be retrieved if someone is asking for PAGEREAD_CURRENT.  They
>need to appear in the first set (ordering doesn't matter much there,
>however).
>
>Pm

No the second set would be fine for S::xxx type variables since the
individual fields are retrieved only when action=edit and there is an
associated form related to the page that needs to be populated with the
fields.  So ...,0) would work in this case.

However, the data is also stored in a variable rawtext that contains the
field names and the related contents.  This variable will naturally fall
in the first set and it would be used in markup that will extact the
data and then either display it in the form at the point where the
markup is placed or depending upon the information passed to the markup
the data will be prepared and passed out to either a cvs file or
hopefully an xml structure that could either be saved to a file or
passed to an php script, processed and then passed back to FGS.

So ideally the rawtext variable would in the first set and
the S::xxx type variables would be moved to the second set.

BTW, the rawtext variable is used for diff while the S::xxx variables
are used to delete and restore a particular field.

Hope that's clear.

/JF