[pmwiki-users] empty line annoyance

Hans design at flutesong.net
Sun Apr 24 05:03:46 CDT 2005

When I stack tables on top of each other, without any empty line
between in edit mode, they stack fine, and the html code shows just a
pair of <p></p> in between the table tags.

When I stack blocks of text, with %block s1% markup at the beginning
of the paragraph, to style the paragraph with background color and
padding etc via custom style s1, they will merge into one paragraph
with the same styling.

In order to separate the styles I need to put an empty line between
the blocks in edit mode, which will result in an empty line.
The html code shows <p class='vspace'></p> between the ending
of one paragraph </p> and the beginning of the next <p>.

How can I stack blocks of text, with each getting a custom style
defining background color and padding etc., without the extra vspace
in between? Can I add something to the custom style to avoid the use
of an empty line in order to separate the paragraphs?

Thanks for any help!

 Hans