Fwd: [pmwiki-users] Redesigning the edit page

Menachem Shapiro menachem.shapiro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:48:46 CDT 2005

B"H

Sorry. resending this to the mailing list.

On 4/26/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 11:21:41AM -0700, Menachem Shapiro wrote:
> >
> > I think the location of the edit box (above or below the preview)
> > should also be editable with the (:ef:) markup.
>
> It will be -- I just haven't figured out exactly how the markup for
> this will look yet.  Since the preview is optional, it may be more
> than a simple (:ef previewtext:).  It may end up being something
> like:
>
>   (:if editpreview:)
>   !! Preview {$FullName}
>   '''Page is unsaved'''
>   (:ef previewhtml:)
>   ----
>   '''End of preview -- remember to save'''
>   [[#Top | Top]]
>   (:if:)
>
> It depends on whether I want (:ef previewhtml:) to include all of
> the decoration or to leave it as just the html and leave it to
> the template to provide the decoration.

I figured it would be like (:ef message:). The way I understood it,
even though (:ef message:) is in the markup, it will only display a
message if it needs to. I figured the same thing would be with (:ef
previewhtml:); it would always be in the markup, but the pmwiki engine
would take care of whether or not the preview was displayed (by
default it wouldn't be displayed until the 'Preview' button was
pressed).

Menachem