[pmwiki-users] Convert an MS-Word file to PmWiki?

Jeff Henry jbhenry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 10:55:02 CDT 2005

I need to get a couple of big Word documents converted into a set of
wiki pages on my site. I found this PITS entry:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00424

but so far there's no solution listed. Any general pointers? The
writer of the PITS above seems to want to convert many documents
repeatedly, but I'm looking for more of a one-time conversion. I'm OK
with manual conversion, but I'd be interested in any advice anyone has
for making the process smoother and less tedious. The main things I'm
looking to convert are bullet lists, numbered lists, bold, italics,
and headings. So far, I'm copying from Word, and pasting into VIM.
Then I do a few :%s commands to fix up the obvious stuff. Then I go
through by hand to fix the headings, and any tables. Finally, I
cut-n-paste into the PmWiki edit box, click Preview, and hope for the
best.

What I'm doing will work, but at the rate I'm going, it's going to
take a loooong time. Any tips?

Thanks,
Jeff