[pmwiki-users] Mail Post Manual Trigger

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Fri Apr 29 16:37:22 CDT 2005

Neil Herber wrote:

> A login system that stored email addresses is probably the only
> practical solution. Anything else gets very messy very fast.
>
> How does a "subscriber" figure out which pages they are subscribed
> to?

This could be part of the mailpost info.
Or sent once a month (or something, probably a site-wide configuration).

> How do they cancel one or more or all subscriptions?

That's analogous to subscription. No issue here.

> How do they update their email address?

Unsubscribe and resubscribe. (Not a pretty solution.)

> What should the admin do when email starts bouncing?

PmWiki should automatically stop sending mails.

> What does the admin do when the subscriber complains about being
> spammed?

I.e. if mail goes to abuse at wiki.tld.

For that case, there should be a list of mail addresses that cannot
subscribe. (If the user ever wants to get a subscription, he can send
another mail to the wiki admin.)

> These problems may not be big ones for private or limited audience
> wikis, but a public wiki could have thousands of users all watching
> different pages.

Have a list of mail addresses on each page (e.g. as a page attribute).

> I really like the idea of having individual page watches for each
> user, but I can't think of a good mechanism to manage it.

Any questions left? ;-)))

Regards,
Jo