[pmwiki-users] Wikified action lists

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 19:12:03 CDT 2005

Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 12:32:52 AM, Bronwyn wrote:
> <ul class="navlist">
> <li><a href="$ScriptUrl/$[$Group/RecentChanges]?action=rss">$[XML Feed
> for $Group]</a></li>
> <li><a
> href="$ScriptUrl/$[$SiteGroup/AllRecentChanges]?action=rss">$[XML
> Feed of All Recent Changes]</a></li>
> </ul>

Translations work now on wiki pages as in html template.
the above I would try to write as:

*[[RecentChanges?action=rss| $[XML Feed] $[for] {$Group} ]]
*[[Site.AllRecentChanges?action=rss| $[XML Feed] $[of] $[All Recent
Changes] ]]
*[[PmWiki.AboutFeeds| $[What's an XML feed?] ]]

class=navlist would be applied in the template to

or wherever you load/include the wiki page in the template.

With (:if :)conditional markup one can show/hide portions of action
links easily.

What is missing from the example above is a variable substitution for
$SiteGroup, i.e. we don't have  a {$SiteGroup} like we have a {$Group}
to put into wiki pages in links etc.

And I don't know how to provide the necessary hooks for marking the
current action, which is used for styling tabs in skins. I have stayed
away from that problem since I am not too keen on tabs for actions.

I like to stress again, from lots of feedback I received, that
very important reasons for using wikipages to configure action links
etc. is the ease of customisation and of creating group specific
action pages, or leaving them out for certain groups, or showing
action links specific to access privileges. All these seem to me much
easier to configure than through html template changes. Some of this I
would not even know how to do via template changes alone. How do you
show group specific actions, if they can only be defined in the skin
template?

Anyway, I think we are well underway for achieving full customisations
through wiki pages.

Best,
~Hans