[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 19:42:42 CDT 2005

On 04 Aug 2005 12:20:21 +1200, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 August 2005 11:48 AM, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> >At 2005-08-03  04:04 PM -0700, H. Fox is rumored to have said:
> >>     >>question<<
> >>     This is a question.
> >>     >>answer<<
> >>     And an answer.
> >>
> >>I tried this because I was thinking a switch to the div markup might
> >>be a good idea, since it demonstrates the div markup and doesn't
> >>interfere with existing Q:/A: markup.
> >
> >I really like this div markup because it is very easy for an author to read
> >in the edit window.
> >
> >I really don't like the styling with the questions in a box, but if I could
> >redefine the CSS selectors, I could make it look like whatever I wanted on
> >my wiki without having to touch the original page.
>
> Isn't it a case of redefining the classes for p.question and q.answer?

I don't think so.  Only the first paragraph of an answer gets the
styling (left-margin, for example).  Some parts of an answer (code
snippets, for example) aren't paragraphs.

> BTW, >>question<< would require a change to the PageTableOfContents recipe,
> as at the moment it only recognises Q:

I realize that.  It was just a mock-up to start with.

Since PageTableOfContents isn't part of the distribution, some
stripped FAQ-only TOC code could have been written to do something
similar without interfering with existing sites.  It seems like Pm
wold rather redefine the Q:/A: markup instead of using div markup
though...

Hagan