[pmwiki-users] Link to Category becomes a member of this category

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Thu Aug 4 11:21:53 CDT 2005

If you check out the Using Categories page on PmWiki.org, I just reorganized and added an answer to this question, which I just got answered myself recently.  If you change your (:pagelist:) syntax to

(:pagelist '!{$Name}' list=normal:)

you'll get a list of just the [[!MyCategory]] links, as it will be pulling up pages containing the !MyCategory phrase.

David

>>> Sven Opitz <opitzs at googlemail.com> 08/04/05 9:21 AM >>>
Hi,

I have a small Problem:
I have pages, that belong to category MyCategory and I mark them with
[[!MyCategory]].
When I want to link to theis category, to point a User to the pages that
belong to a topic I use
[[Category/MyCategory | Pages belonging to MyCategory]].
Let's say I put this in the SideBar, then suddenly Sidebar becomes a member
of this category.

Is there a way to link to a category, without the linking page becoming a
member of this category?

Thanks
Sven

P.S.: I tried it on pmwiki.org <http://pmwiki.org>, made my Profile page a
member of DocumentationToDo (fine),
and just link to Category/DocumentationToDo (Same problem)