[pmwiki-users] Feature request: tag system

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Thu Aug 4 11:24:56 CDT 2005

You've basically just described the Category system in PmWiki.  Instead of your [[tags]] syntax, you'd mark it up as
[[!wiki]], [[!documentation]], [[!pmwiki help]], [[!administration]], [[!cookbook]]

Visit the UsingCategories page on PmWiki.org (your local version is out of date since I edited it substantially earlier this week).

David

>>> Theron Parlin <tparlin at gmail.com> 08/04/05 9:43 AM >>>
I think it would be a really great feature to add a tagging system to
PmWiki. Let's say a new Cookbook page related to administrative tasks is
created, when the new page is created or edited, people could add tags like
so:

[[tags: wiki, documentation, pmwiki help, administration, cookbook]]

This would generate tags for that particular page, each of which could then
be clicked on to bring you to other pages related to that tag, etc... people
could display tags, search tags, display tag clouds, etc. All the features
you would find at Del.icio.us <http://Del.icio.us> or Flickr.

Just a thought.