[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: documentation for mkdirp()

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Aug 4 11:31:10 CDT 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, H. Fox wrote:

> On 8/3/05, chr at home.se <chr at home.se> wrote:
> > I added the stuff below and a copy of the source here
> >
> >         http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Functions#mkdirp
> > link to the php code instead of including it.
>
> Why should the code itself be pasted into the documentation?
>
> I don't think it should.

I think that in some cases it should :-)  (Although I this particular
example is a borderline case IMO).

> Someone who understands the code in the mkdirp() function knows how to
> use a text editor.

To me it's a matter of convenience really. (I don't have to SSH to my web
server each time to look at the code). In addition, it's good to be
precises about what version of the source the documentation refers to.
Otherwise, these might not match if you just automatically look at the
latest CVS version, or at whatever version you happen to have downloaded,

Ideally (for mkdirp()), I'd prefer to have the code one click away, but
linking to the entire pmwiki.php doesn't do it for me (it's too big).

> For web-based viewing, the most recent version of the script is here:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pmwiki/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?view=markup

This would have been great if there were only usable anchors in it, as it
is right now we can't refer to the function mkdirp(). I did howver add
this link to the top of PmWiki.Functions.

/Christian