[pmwiki-users] Re: audiences revisited or revised

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Aug 4 12:00:57 CDT 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Neil Herber wrote:

> At 2005-08-04  12:26 AM +0530, V.Krishn is rumored to have said:
> >User: User (can it be "Reader"?)
> >Level: Basic
> >OR
> >User: Author
> >Level: Advanced
> >OR
> >User: Author, Admin
> >Level: Intermediate
>
> The "reader" audience is a great idea. There is not a lot of documentation
> that currently pertains only to readers, but it is a useful category to
> keep in mind, since all authors (and admins) start out as readers.
>
> So just to give all values:
> User: reader, author, admin
> Level: basic, intermediate, advanced
>
> Where user describes the intended audience member and level describes the
> topic under discussion.

What about this markup

IMO we should also allow

	(:pmwiki-doc audience=all level=all:)

Or we might say that leaving a parameter out indicates all, so the above
would be equivalent to:

	(:pmwiki-doc:)

Just a thought

/C

Btw, I'm kind of please with the name 'pmwiki-doc' since it's highly
unlikely to interfere with other directives :-)