[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Why is the pmwiki ML so heinously active?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Aug 4 12:59:10 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-04  12:39 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>My opinion is that an active list is normal for a popular and
>flexible package, that we're hoping to improve the traffic by having
>better online docs, and that we're extra-busy lately as we push
>to get PMWiki out of beta status.  I'm eager to hear of any
>other views, though.

I think the activity level is high because there are lots of proposals for
new features, markup, standards, etc. and they each require considerable
to-and-fro discussion. If you (Pm) operated like a commercial software
house, the discussions would be much shorter, because they would be
truncated by remarks like:
* this feature will be available in a future release
* thank you for your suggestion, we value all of our client's opinions
* there are no plans at present to change the operation of this feature

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668