[pmwiki-users] Generating HTML from a subset of markup?

Russell Bailey russell-pmwiki at saberpunk.net
Fri Aug 5 10:12:10 CDT 2005

(I apologize if this has been covered before;  I don't think the gmane
search system is working.)

I'd like to write a function to generate HTML from only a subset of
markup.  This would be the subset whose behavior does not change based on
information outside the page text.

Specifically,  I'd like to generate Inline,  Block,  Link, Table,  and
Other markup,  while leaving Page Values, Directives, and Posting markups
in plain text.  (See PmWiki.MarkupMasterIndex .) I'd also like to be able
to do this without crippling other functions that generate HTML,  so
DisableMarkup() is not an option.

I've looked closely at MarkupToHTML() and the related functions, but I'm
unsure of the best approach.  What are the interdependencies between
markups?

How would you approach this task?

Thanks,

Russell