[pmwiki-users] Re: cobblers children

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Fri Aug 5 16:48:00 CDT 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, John W Morris wrote:

> I really hate having to scroll down through a very long list to find the
> message I want to read.  The previous mode of attachments at least let
> me select the message I wanted to read and get to it directly.

Um.. are you talking about the mailing list here?

> Given:  most all of us "readers" use html in our email views

(on a sidenote, I don't use the HTML in my email view...)

> so we can handle internal links, therefore, can something better be done
> with this list?  It is not the 'wiki' itself so is not deserving of
> massive attention and labor... but... it is one of the tools that help
> shape and often repair that 'wiki' and lead us to understanding.

Hang on... are you talking about a mail digest, i.e. when you get
everyting from one day in a single message? And you'd like links for this
thing?

> Proposed solutions:
>   a.. at the least... go back to attachments.
>   b.. at the best... put the list on the wiki (great for archive and search functions) and send notifications via email with hot links to discussion pages.   That way one discussion can be carried on one page and the whole history of the discussion is in one place for review and later archive.

Have you tried reading the list through gmane? That'll give you links and

	http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user

/Christian