[pmwiki-users] Supporting different modes in default pmwiki

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de
Sun Aug 7 05:58:39 CDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 10:30:59AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> * A ''reader'' uses the wiki site to find information and he is thus
> * An ''author'' contributes contents to the site. He also reads pages,
> * An ''administrator'' ... hmm, in addition to probably being an author,

I am not sure wether I like this kind of split. In a Wiki a reader
should usually also be an author. Having those handled differently will
surely make it more difficult to have readers write content too.

How are you going to identify them anyway?

Being an admin I know my special (Site/)-pages and I know how to handle
attributes and stuff.

In fact I think this will make PmWiki more difficult to handle -
especially for admins that have to watch that the roles are correctly
handled.

     Balu
PS: Lately there are a lot of nice ideas floating around, but I feel
that PmWiki gets more complicated every day - for admins, but even worse
for readers and authors too. We should watch out that all the new
features included in the core don't make PmWiki to complex.