[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Supporting different modes in default pmwiki

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 15:04:15 CDT 2005

Sunday, August 7, 2005, 8:40:09 PM, chr wrote:
> The mode variable could
> simply be a string that may take on of the values "reader", "author"  or
> "admin". It would then be up to the skin to recognize this variable and
> optionally produce different sub-skins.

Somewhere someone needs to make choices of what constitutes each kind
of mode. Do you want to leave that to the skin author? I just try to
get away from this and give the choice to the admin. I may just offer
what I think may be some good configuration examples. And admins have
very different views of what they need for a particular site for each
user group. I don't see an easy way to set standards here.

Best,
~Hans