[pmwiki-users] Re: Supporting different modes in default pmwiki

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 12:26:09 CDT 2005

On 8/8/05, Radu <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
> I have a problem with the name, though. 'Mode' is extremely
> overloaded semantically - and what we need matches none of the
> meanings listed at:
> http://webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=mode
> ... except maybe 4a.
>
> How about 'view', which is what we use when working with data sets,
> or just 'layout'?

View is a good term.

Later, once I've finished the new css-config dohickey -- no trivial
undertaking, for me -- I can try making Pukka aware of views.
Deciding how to represent them in the skin -- as PageFooFmt sections,
as different templates, whatever -- could be a problem, and it'd
probably be best for there to be a standard approach for this...

Bronwyn