[pmwiki-users] Re: audience markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 8 13:45:06 CDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 09:53:41AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, V.Krishn wrote:
> > sigh, audience markup does not look very nice on the print mode.
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DocumentationProcessHowto?action=print

The print templates are largely broken at the moment.  In this
particular case, the problem is that %audience% is defined in
PmWiki.GroupHeader and ?action=print is using PmWiki.GroupPrintHeader
or somesuch.

> Didn't you like the idea of using categories to indicate the kind of
> audience?

I'm not heavily in favor of categories for this.  At the moment
categories don't automatically display in the distributed version of
PmWiki -- someone has to create a Category.GroupFooter for it.
(Perhaps we should be distributing Category.GroupFooter.)

But I'm also not entirely comfortable with taking the [[!Admin]],
[[!Author]], and [[!Reader]] (or whatever) categories away from
the site administrator, nor am I heavily in favor of [[!PmWikiAdmin]],
[[!PmWikiAuthor]], [[!PmWikiReader]].

This isn't a veto of using categories for this -- I'm just not
leaning in that direction at the moment.