making changes to the docs (was: Re: [pmwiki-users] Supporting different modes in default pmwiki)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue Aug 9 15:37:48 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-09  04:23 PM -0400, Radu is rumored to have said:
>At 03:54 PM 8/9/2005, Neil Herber wrote:
>
>>Perhaps we could make use of categories here. If I make changes to a page
>>but am not sure if my contribution is correct, then I should add a
>>category marker of [[!DocsToBeChecked]]. Once someone who is braver or
>>more knowledgeable than me has checked and corrected it, they could
>>remove the category marker.
>
>Ok, we can go for that...
>
>However, what do we do with comments, especially the unresolved ones? Is
>it OK to just chuck them on a Test page and link the docs to a distributed
>Intermap prefix like Test: ?

I had a quick look at the Categories page, and a better choice would be
[[!DocumentationToBeChecked]]. It meshes nicely with the existing
category  [[!DocumentationToDo]].

As for unresolved comments, I would leave them on the page itself, perhaps
applying a wikistyle to make them easy to see. A lot of pages seem to use
indented green italic text for comments. I favor the boxes that Hagan
seemed to like so much for FAQs. ;-)

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/