[pmwiki-users] new default skin

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 10 19:54:33 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 03:07:32PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> On 8/10/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Yes, although I'm wondering if it's better to just exclude the
> > RecentChanges link altogether.
>
> I would exclude that one and provide an AllRecentChanges link
> somewhere.  Plain RecentChanges can be confusing if you don't know
> about wikigroups.

For most of the wikis I run, the wikigroups are almost entirely
disconnected -- i.e., each department or student organization
has its own group.  In these situations the per-group RecentChanges
makes a lot more sense than AllRecentChanges.

(Yes, for me as the admin I tend to use AllRecentChanges, but the
vast majority of people browsing the site are interested only
in a single wikigroup, and probably don't even realize that
the separate groups are all part of the same wiki.  At least,
that's what led me to create wikigroups to begin with.)