[pmwiki-users] Still trying to work out shared files and Site files through fields and groups in a farm

K.A.Bouton k.a.bouton at reading.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 10:29:16 CDT 2005

I've asked so many questions of this group in the past few weeks and gotten
so many excellent answers - that I can't remember what I've asked - and
GMANE search seems to be down. So forgive me if I have asked this before. I
know sharing and Site files are still in the making, and I'm trying to
follow along.

I am trying to keep track of the answers I use and write up the farming
experience as well as ask questions :)
First - please don't hesitate to tell me if my design is wrong
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Profiles/MyWikiFarmExperience

As mentioned, I have a farm with multiple fields. Within the fields may or
may not be multiple Groups. The default group for all fields is "Main".

The Problem is:
I want to have some shared pages across all field - like a dictionary of
terms, which is relevant to all fields.
This page WAS in Shared/wiki.d/Shared.Dictionary

BUT, within each field, when a user clicked on it, the sidebar changed! I
didn't want that. So I changed the name to Shared/wiki.d/Main.Dictionary so
now when a user clicks on it, it comes up with the proper
SecondField/sidebar - the user never knows they've been taken out of their
field.

BUT...
When they edit it, it gets written to SecondField/wiki.d/Main.Dictionary of
course - so the edits don't make it to the Shared dictionary. I copy it over
by hand when I notice its changed.

In my farmconfig.php I have

// sharing files across farm - eg Profiles
$WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDir,
                  	new PageStore("$FarmD/Shared/wiki.d/\$FullName"),

                  	new PageStore("$FarmD/wikilib.d/\$FullName"));

// if the pages in Shared edited, make sure they are copied to the correct
directory and not copied to group directory
$group = FmtPageName('$Group', $pagename);
if($action == 'edit' && $group == 'Practice'if($action == 'edit' && $group
== 'Shared')
      				$WikiDir = new
PageStore("$FarmD/Shared/wiki.d/\$FullName");

Anyway for me to find a solution?

Thanks
Katherine