[pmwiki-users] what is the best way to clear out spammer droppings??

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Aug 11 14:52:23 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-11  02:37 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>But not everyone has a Unix shell at their disposal, so the
>answer is probably to build something into the (:pagelist:)
>function for this.  One simple thing to do might be to add
>an "action=" parameter which specifies an action to be added
>to each page url displayed.  For example,
>
>     (:pagelist "joy.by" action=diff:)
>
>would generate a list of pages containing "joy.by", and each of
>the page urls would have ?action=diff appended to the end.
>Then one could open the pages from that display and fix them
>as appropriate.

This is more-or-less what I suggested as one option, but I thought that a
generic "add this suffix" markup would be very useful. Then I could use

         (:pagelist "Fred" suffix=?action=edit:)

to get a clickable list of all the pages with Fred on them, ready to edit.

Mind you, if the only valid suffix in PmWiki URLs is "?action=xxx", then
your format is just dandy.

Please note this as a request for such a feature.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668