[pmwiki-users] PmWiki.BasicEditing

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Aug 12 11:00:44 CDT 2005

I've started a revision of the basic editing page, at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/BasicEditing .  The top
part of the page introduces the editing process and very
basic markups, while the bottom part of the page is a table
that demonstrates other basic markups.

The idea is that someone reading this page can quickly get
an idea of the commonly used markups, and be able to come
back to it as a reference and demonstration of those markups.
We'll also link to this page from the EditQuickReference.

We may want to rename the page to be "Editing Basics" or even
simply "Editing Pages" instead of "Basic Editing".

I could definitely use some help fleshing out the table in the
bottom part -- just decide what sorts of markups belong here, and
follow the markup style I've already started in the previous
part of the table.

Some of the table entries probably need "see also"
links that point to pages with greater detail on the topic.

Contributions to this page are especially welcome.