[pmwiki-users] uploads security

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Aug 12 19:21:56 CDT 2005

At 02:36 PM 8/12/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 02:31:40PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> > I just noticed an omission to the
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin
> >
>PmWiki tells the admin what permissions to give the directory
>when the uploads directory is created.  The permissions depend
>heavily on how the webserver and PHP are configured, so there's not
>an answer that is correct for all sites.

Aha. I had created a new uploads directory and gave it chmod 776
before trying to upload anything, and so it didn't tell me anything.
I just made a note in the UploadsAdmin docs about that. It's really
easy to miss, and a bit counterintuitive (you want uploads? declare
the directory, but don't create it :) Also, I might have
misunderstood something, so please check the 'Important' note.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)