[pmwiki-users] audiences revisited or revised ???

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 13:27:08 CDT 2005

On 8/13/05, Thomas -Balu- Walter <list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 02:04:35PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 03:31:17PM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> > > Another industry that calls its customers 'users' is the drug trade.
> > >
> > > FWIW I tend to refer to 'information seekers' rather than 'readers'.
> >
> > Hmm, I like "seekers".
>
> They are probably "finders" already.
>
> So, let's create a new one: "senders" - oh.
> *twist*
> "fiekers"? =)
>
> I don't like this discussion. Here on campus we already call our users
> customers :-/. Just use the words as they are commonly used.

Heh.  What once were users are now "customers".  Elsewhere what once
were customers are now "guests". :-)

FWIW, I've settled on "visitors" in Qdig documentation and discussion.

I chose "visitors" mainly because people "visit galleries" so it's
especially appropriate for an image gallery script.  Still, "visitors"
isn't bad for what we're describing here.  It conveys "people who are
visiting the site without contributing content".

Hagan