[pmwiki-users] shared pages and skin-specific pagestores

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Aug 13 14:50:05 CDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 05:52:18AM -0400, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> I tested it on a wikifarm that is set up to share pages found in
> wikifarm/wiki.d using
>
> $WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDir,
>   new PageStore('$FarmD/wiki.d/$FullName'),
>   new PageStore('$FarmD/wikilib.d/$FullName'));
>
> from Cookbook.UseCommonPagesInAWikiFarm.
>
> I found that the pages from $FarmD/wiki.d overruled the ones from
> $PukkaPath/wikilib.d.  How can I change this, and will changing it
> cause problems for others who will use the skin?

Well, I would normally expect locally-edited pages (in a wiki.d/
directory) to override pages that come from a distribution such as
PmWiki or a skin.

Most people are not likely to have the farm's wiki.d/ directory
in their $WikiLibDirs, so they won't experience the problem you're
seeing.  And for those that are reading from the farm's wiki.d/,
I think they would expect their farm pages to override the skin
pages.  So I think you're okay.  (An admin that wants the skin pages
to override the farm's pages probably needs to explicitly set
$WikiLibDirs, or copy the page files from the skin into wiki.d/
somewhere.)

> Also, thinking ahead, are variables set in config.php automatically global?

Yes -- any variable in config.php is automatically global unless
it's defined inside of a function (in which case it has to be
explicitly declared global).