[pmwiki-users] History Output Unnecessarily Wide

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 11:08:52 CDT 2005

On 8/14/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 05:34:52PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > > Looks like it's the explicit width property on .diffbox that is
> > > preventing the extra-wide boxes.
> >
> > Yes that seems to be it.  Here's something I think works well:
> >
> > 1) Set a width.  740px is about right (works at 800x600, etc.).
> > 2) Remove the border, except on the left  side of the box.
>
> 740px is a little bit large when a sidebar is present.

Oh.  That's right.

>  I'm not
> sure I want to unilaterally declare that ?action=diff hides the
> sidebar.

Definitely not.  Based on non-scientific testing[*], I'd say 570px is
about right when there's a sidebar.

I just tried it, and I'd say 570px is probably easier to read than
740px, sidebar or not.

Hagan

[*] I installed the "classic" skin, resized to 800x600, viewed a
history page, took a screenshot and cropped it to see how wide the
diffbox is.  Not rocket science.  :-)