[pmwiki-users] Proofing skins -- Browsercam

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun Aug 14 11:50:05 CDT 2005

I purchased a year membership with Browsercam along with a group of
strangers -- it was about $20US for a year membership.

If anyone here is interested, this bargain is available again through
Fundable.

https://www.fundable.org/groupactions/groupaction.2005-08-09.1873051363

Fundable acts as an escrow service.  When the 25 people sign up, the
person collecting the funds will pay Browsercam for the 25 annual
memberships, and each person gets a totally separate login and
passworded account of their own.  If they don't get 25 people to sign
up, everyone gets their money back.  Browsercam only insists that it
gets one consolidated payment for the 25 memberships -- they don't
care whether the buyers work together, live together, or are in the
same country.

Browsercam allows you to view and download screen shots of various
web pages as seen on different operating systems (*nix, Mac, Windows
2000, Windows XP) in different browsers (Safari (Mac), Firefox,
Opera, Netscape, AOL (Windows), Internet Exploder (Mac, Windows),
Konquorer (*nix)).  They have a 24 hour free trial that allows you to
do this.

Paid members also get to VNC (remote control and visual access) to a
computer of a different type and try out websites in a bunch of
browsers to see how dynamic elements and forms behave.

I figured that since there are people fixing and creating skins,
there may be other web developers on the list, or pmwiki gurus
interested in using Browsercam.  It's FAR more expensive for a daily
or monthly account.  One day is about $20 -- so this deal is one
where you get a year-long membership for the cost of one day's use.

And the 24 hour free trial can be useful if you're in a flurry of
website proofing.

Criss Ittermann
Eclectic Tech, LLC
http://eclectictech.net
845-820-0262
845-726-0859

Crisses
----
[That's o]ne reason I'm "out" about [my multiplicity].  I find most
people react positively.  Those who do not, are probably ones I'd
want to chase with a stick anyhow...
  -- Bob King