[pmwiki-users] Avoiding Headings in the SideBar

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun Aug 14 07:04:39 CDT 2005

On Aug 11, 2005, at 11:12 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> The statement that immediately
> follows the outline view belies the truth...
>
>    "Headings should reflect the logical structure of the
>     document; they should not be used to simply add
>     emphasis, or to change the font size."
>
> In the case of the sidebar, we *are* using headings to
> reflect the logical structure of the document.

You are misunderstanding --

The logical structure of the DOCUMENT.  Not the website.

Google does not index the logical structure of your website.
(although they may be working on that in the future ;) lol)

They index the logical structure of the Document -- ie the webpage.
The header tags are reserved to outline the information -- the
context -- of the page itself.  Website navigation is a meta-site
tool, not a page structure tool.

It's about the gathering of metainformation.  The H tags are for the
metainformation for the page, not the website.

Crisses
--
Souls are not defined by sexuality or color or race or anything else
-- Souls are probably best defined by the feeling I get when I know I