[pmwiki-users]SEO: Avoiding Headings in the SideBar

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 17:25:43 CDT 2005

Monday, August 15, 2005, 10:39:58 PM, Patrick wrote:
> In general I don't think it's a good idea to re-use existing
> markups for a different purpose.  We either create a new one,
> or define a wikistyle that means what we think it should mean.

good!

!= is my favourite for a new side heading markup, with
!!= for a second level side heading.

And some thought about sidebar monkey business:

For What Its Worth the sidebar is already full of monkey
business, when it comes to styling it. It is the most difficult and
challenging part of the page for a skin designer I think, and asking
for some special markup handling or special markups for it is not such
a big thing.

At the moment the sidebar is treated like any other page. And if an
author tries normal page markups in the sidebar apart from list
elements, h1 headings, and a little paragraph text, he will most
likely break the pretty design. So any help we can get from pmwiki
core to treat the sidebar specially is much apreciated.

Best,
~Hans